Why Softcat for Education IT?
ICT has the capacity to play a vital role in transforming the educational experience in UK schools, colleges and universities. Our wide-ranging education IT solutions will help you embrace the latest technologies at a pace you’re comfortable with whilst also maintaining institutional values.
Softcat’s team of specialist education IT advisers are regionally aligned to ensure familiarity and the highest levels of care for our customers. The team assists all areas of academia and is divided into two separate areas of focus; Further / Higher Education and Lower Education IT.
Further / Higher Education IT
With the implementation of a dedicated team and several high profile framework awards, college and university customers can be assured of outstanding service, expert advice and secure procurement routes through Softcat. We provide further education and higher education institutions with a great one-stop-shop facility for IT, having recently secured approved supplier status on all of the seven national and regional agreements listed below:
- Software License Resellers framework contract – ranked #1
- National Server & Storage Agreement (NSSA) partnering with Dell
- National Networking Agreement (NNA)
- National Desktop & Notebook Agreement (NDNA) partnering with Lenovo
- NEUPC's Audio Visual framework contract partnering with Videonations
- HECPW’s Audio Visual framework contract partnering with Carillion
- IT Related Parts & Accessories (ITRAP) contract
- NEUPC National Education Printer Agreement (NEPA) with Brother
Softcat are especially proud to have been ranked No 1 in all four lots (Microsoft, Adobe, VMware and Other Software) of the inaugural SUPC Software Licence Resellers Framework. This demonstrates both a validation of our software credentials and an assurance of our commitment to provide best value within Higher Education IT.
Lower Education IT
This team concentrates on delivering solutions to primary / secondary schools, academies and free schools, offering a one-stop-shop facility for all IT requirements. Particular focus is given to assisting in the following areas:
Mobility and flexibility solutions, enabling schools to create the 21st Century classroom through:
- Managed, simple to use and fast wireless access
- Mobile device schemes enabling one-to-one access for teachers and students
- Office 365 - providing staff and students access anytime and anywhere
Infrastructure for better learning outcomes, including:
- Networking, telephony and unified communications
- Server and storage solutions
- Internet connectivity, filtering and security services
Consultancy and training, helping schools to embed the education IT solutions we provide by:
- Empowering teachers and students with the right technology and training to enhance learning in the classroom
Commodity IT hardware and software sourcing, involving:
- Software licensing and services
- A full range of IT hardware such as desktops, laptops, whiteboards, projectors and peripherals
- Microsoft Surface technology – Softcat are one of a limited number of accredited UK suppliers
- eCAT – Softcat's online procurement tool, offering a fast, easy to use website, recently redesigned following direct feedback from our customers
Microsoft in Education IT
Softcat continues to be one of Microsoft’s top performing UK LSPs (Licensing Solution Providers) and EdLARs (Large Account Reseller). We currently employ over 90 sales professionals certified to MCP level or higher, able to advise whether a Select, OVS-ES, EES or Campus agreement is the correct model to adopt. Furthermore, Softcat now hold Eduserv status with Microsoft allowing FE / HE customers access to greater reductions in licensing costs. Softcat are also an Adobe Education Platinum Partner and a nominated partner under the Eduserv Adobe ELA Framework. We can advise how to take advantage of Adobe’s various licensing models to leverage larger discounts and simplify software administration.
Education IT Frameworks
We’re accredited under the following education IT agreements:
- Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) Network Hardware & Services including Servers & Data framework
- Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) Desktop, Hardware & Peripherals framework
- Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) Software framework
- Pro5 Software Products & Associated Services framework
- Value Wales ITEAS framework
- Eduserv frameworks (Microsoft, Adobe and Sophos accreditation)
For more information contact email@example.com.