Bid Manager Team Leader
Competitive + Benefits
About the Team
You will join a rapidly growing team as one of six Bid Managers. Softcat are finding an ever increasing number of opportunities that require a formal response in the form of a tender or bid. The scope of these sales engagements cover all of our competencies from simple commodity supply contracts to complex infrastructure solutions. These responses require a mix of resource, information, and management to complete. This role will play a key part in this process, and cater for an ever growing demand.
As a Bid Manager you will be responsible for collating relevant information, assisting with the production of the tender documents, and managing resource to meet submission and specification requirements. You will also help build and maintain content and templates.
What you’ll be doing
- Formulating and scripting quality bid / tender responses, creating high-quality, sales and strategically driven proposal documents, including coordinating and editing content (product related and specific bid related)
- Ensure all proposals produced are aligned with corporate brand guidelines and company bid management standards.
- Production of bid presentation material in cooperation with product/service management team.
- Coordinating multiple RFX’s, pre and post sales submission to ensure all bids are timely submitted and are of consistent quality.
- Collating relevant information, assisting with the production of the tender documents, and managing resource to meet submission and specifcation requirements.
- Build, maintain and improve content, templates and information utilised by the wider business.
- Tracking and reporting on tender outcomes for continual improvement.
- Continually enriching the bid information library as a key resource for wider company use.
- Maintaining excellent internal relationships, understanding who to go to in order to gather relevant information.
- Prepared to work to tight deadlines which could involve out of office hours work such as evenings or weekends as required.
What we need from you
- Candidates should have either industry experience or be educated to degree level (English or Law qualifications are favourable).
- Articulate; ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, competitive and results driven.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work.
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.
Apply for this vacancy