Graduate Programme: Technical Track
Reports To: Services Operations Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a passion for technology, a flair for customer service, and a desire to progress quickly within a fun, exciting and dynamic organisation. Softcat specialise in providing extensive IT solutions to private/public sector clients and are looking for talented Graduates to contribute to the company's on-going success.
As part of our Graduate Technical Training Scheme we will expose you to a range of disciplines, starting with presales and encompassing support, project management and technical consultancy. There will be an opportunity to learn about various technology areas and eventually to specialise in one or more areas such as Storage and Virtualisation, Microsoft Core Infrastructure, Networking and Security.
TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and will demonstrate a genuine passion for IT and Technology. To a certain extent you will be in control of how quickly you progress, so an entrepreneurial spirit and a level of ambition is key. A technical degree is not a necessity although it may be an advantage – certainly an ability to demonstrate your interest in technology is essential.
TASKS / DUTIES
- With mentoring from skilled pre-sales engineers, delivering advice to a large group of Sales Account Managers for a range of different hardware/ infrastructure/ security technologies
- Working with our Support and Managed Services operation, fielding first line queries and managing those calls through to resolution in conjunction with our experienced technical team.
- Working with Softcat’s internal IT team on specific projects.
- Progress to designing solutions, building equipment prior to shipment to customer site, accompanying senior consultants to assist with hardware build and delivery, and to managing the delivery of smaller projects
- Attain, with our support, various vendor technology certifications
As a top-tier solutions provider, we have access to the latest and greatest technology, and training on new products will come thick and fast. We reward our consultants through a market-leading bonus scheme. And of course you get all the benefits of working for Softcat – the best company to work for.