With companies increasingly aiming to close the gap on gender disparity, CRN have responded by launching the Women in Channel Awards for the first time. Taking place tonight at the Hilton hotel in London Bankside, the awards aim to bring companies together to raise awareness and share ideas on this important topic, so that more and more talented women can have the opportunity to be recognised for their work in the technology industry.
We are therefore delighted that so many of our own Softcat Women have been nominated for the awards at this prestigious event. Our nominees are:
- Cherie May - Marketing Employee of the Year
- Faye Morgan-Frith - Outstanding Returner Award
- Helen Gidney - Technical Employee of the Year
- Lorna Sharpe - Sales Employee of the Year
- Morgan O'Sullivan - Graduate/Apprentice of the Year
- Paris King - Rising Star Award
- Sabine Starr - Unsung Hero
- Sarah-Jane Sydenham - Role Model of the Year
- Stacey Miles - Manager of the Year
- Vin Murria - Women of the Year
We are very proud of all of these women, and wish all of the Softcat nominees good luck for this evening, as well as everyone else in the channel nominated for these awards.
Our Women in Technology Campaign
We're also showing our support to Women In Tech with a new campaign. As part of this, you can watch our new video where you'll hear from some our female employees who describe what it's like to work in the industry, how the industry is improving to close the gap on gender disparity, and the work that still needs to be done to get closer to acheiving equality.
Get in Touch
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch, or, if you're interested in joining our team, take a look at our current vanancies here.