Job Description | Learning & Development Executive
Learning & Development Executive
Sales Learning & Development Manager
Manchester or Marlow (with regular travel to all Softcat offices).
As the Learning & Development Executive you will have an exciting and varied role where you will have the opportunity to be creative and collaborative whilst working with different areas of the business.
- Working alongside the Sales Learning & Development (L&D) Manager, you will be responsible for L&D for a specific remit of sales people for the following:
- Work with a sales remit to encourage the right behaviours for the role.
- Work on continually improving skills and knowledge across your remit along with confidence and credibility of your remit, internally and externally.
- Support Team Leaders and Sales Managers in developing team members, supporting new initiatives and driving growth.
- Undertake regular coaching with your remit to discuss improvements, goals and challenges.
- Aid the development of new programmes and workshops that will benefit the sales team.
- Drive a culture of self-responsibility by supporting self-learning and development along with use of our internal training application, Fuse.
- Working with the Fuse Team on our new training app, you will be responsible for:
- Driving engagement and adoption of the app, within Softcat.
- Understanding what our users want from the app and developing the app and/or content accordingly.
- Being proactive in communicating the benefits of using the app and actively evolving the content.
- Analyse and evaluate data reports to ensure content is valuable in driving improvements in performance.
- Collaborate with Fuse Community Champions to create bespoke and interactive learning experiences.
- Liaise with manufacturers and external trainers to provide new and relevant content to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees.
- Working alongside the Head of L&D and the wider L&D team members on other initiatives. These initiatives will be dependent on the experience of the successful candidate. They could be existing projects such as developing our Management workshop library, re-designing sales workshops, or the development of a new initiative.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally, two years sales experience, achieving targets.
- Experience in dealing with customers, and comfortable with the complete Softcat product and services portfolio.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships and manage sensitive situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results.
- Experience in helping others to develop and apply a different way of thinking, would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritise and deliver on time, whilst maintaining a focus on quality and targets.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these core values define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.