Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
About the Team
VMware is radically transforming IT with technologies that make our customers more agile, efficient and profitable. A pioneer in virtualization and policy-driven automation, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center. Softcat’s VMware business has seen significant growth over the last 2 years and VMware are now one of our Top 5 vendors. Their product portfolio has expanded as we have seen the mainstream release of their virtualised networking and storage products to compliment their enhanced server virtualisation and management suites. As such we expect to see them continue to grow at at least the same rate over the coming few years.
You will be responsible for promoting Softcat into VMware at sales and senior levels. With your team, you would be expected to proactively work with the specialist and general sales teams across all offices, and with the wider VMware partner management team members to ensure Softcat are in the best position to uncover new opportunities and develop and close existing opportunities. A large part of this will be coordinating and executing joint marketing campaigns to drive opportunity generation. This is a management role with a direct report and a wider virtual team
What you’ll be doing
- Management responsibility for the existing Softcat VMware Vendor manager team across our geographic locations. Including tracking of team against targets, setting and tracking of individual MBO’s, and mentoring and coaching where necessary.
- Ownership of VMware business performance and reporting progress to the Softcat Executive Leadership team.
- Sponsorship of peer-to-peer networking between the Softcat and VMware segment and Business Unit executive teams.
- Close collaboration with the VMware Partner Account Manager to:
- Report VMware business performance to the VMware Executive team.
- Own and execute the Softcat/VMware Joint Business Plan for sales campaigns, activity and incentives.
- Work with our account managers, where applicable our specialist sales teams, and with VMware’s aligned account managers to maximise revenue and profitability within our opportunity base.
- Attend suitable customer meetings with our account managers, and where applicable specialist sales teams, to assist in the creation and closing of VMware opportunities.
- Ownership of the VMware pipeline. Working with your wider team to manage this across our geographic locations.
- Ownership of the marketing plan (allocating MDF, updating marketing and operations, tracking ROI for VMware, working with training and development).
- Work collaboratively with other Vendor Business Managers to provide a best practice for sales engagement and vendor management in the future.
What we need from you
- Two years’ experience in your current role
- People management experience or potential strong capability
- Have the appetite to learn and take on new challenges
- Confidence to operate when required at a senior level
- Be a proactive and highly driven individual with the ability to grasp both the VMware product sets and the structure and processes behind selling them
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Credibility, with an entrepreneurial edge, to own and run a Top 3 vendor business
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.
Apply for this vacancy