Platform Manager (MS)
Competitive salary and benefits package
About the team
The Managed Service Platform Team is made up of team members from many different technical areas, covering Microsoft, Citrix and Storage, Servers and Virtualization. The team provide a wide range of services to our customers, this could be either hosted on Softcat’s Cloud platform through to hosted solutions in Microsoft Azure. Services range from a single VM all the way to a fully managed environment covering all areas of the Microsoft stack with DRaaS and BaaS. The team also provide telephone support to customers on a variety of different subjects, acting as the IT team and trusted advisor, providing best practice guidance and support when required.
Your responsibilities will cover the 3rd line support of our fully managed and telephone support infrastructure customers as well as our own infrastructure. You will be expected to be the technical lead on any infrastructure related issues.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide 3rd line technical support for all infrastructure customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required.
- Take the technical lead on any server and storage infrastructure related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team.
- Design and Implement configuration changes, installs and upgrades on behalf of customers.
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, advising the Technical Architect team where required.
- Assist with the onboarding of new Managed customers (both Greenfield and existing site solutions)
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during escalations.
- Assist with the design of any potential new services.
- Identify Major Incidents and react accordingly
Additionally, you’ll be required to take part in an on-call roster (one in four weeks)
What we need from you
- HP Servers, Blades and Virtual Connect
- VMware 6.0 and above (VCP)
- HP Storage administration and management
- SAN switching administration and management (FC, Zoning, ISCSI)
- Capacity and performance reporting
- Issues tracking and resolution
- Ability to work effectively with other stakeholders in business
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external).
- vCloud director 8/9
- vSphere VCAP/VCIX-DCV
- VMware NSX (VCP-NV)
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools
- Software Defined Storage systems
- Understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL/MySQL)
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.
Apply for this vacancy