HP Inc. Alliance Manager
Manchester (Travel to all Softcat Northern offices will be required)
Competitive + Benefits
About the Team
As a result of the phenomenal growth HP Inc. saw at Softcat in FY18, we are excited to be hiring an HP Inc. Business Manager for our Softcat Northern offices who will be responsible for the delivery and supervision of the overall HPI business strategy.
The successful candidate will be key in developing new business opportunities for HPI with a specific focus on Device-as-a-Service. This role will involve proactive and close collaboration with Softcat Account Managers and HPI End User Teams to ensure maximum commercial advantage is gained on HPI products. Driving internal marketing activity, (Incentives/Call-Out Days) will also play a large part of this role to drive overall business growth and the overall HPI number within Softcat.
We are looking for a proactive individual, with a huge amount of passion and drive, capable of working on multiple deals and campaigns whilst supporting the Sales and MPS/DaaS Specialist functions.
The position will be based out of our Manchester office but travel requirements to support our other Northern office locations.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as point of contact and “HPI Expert” for Softcat’s Northern offices.
- Proactive management of pipeline with clear and frequent communication back to HPI PBM and DaaS team.
- Maximise commercial potential for Softcat and Account Managers by ensuring DR programmes are utilised, DaaS is propositioned and promoted and Carepack and Attach items are put forward to end users.
- Leading and supporting Account Managers with customer engagements on DaaS opportunities – both Webinar and F2F.
- Delivery of internal sales training on HPI’s DaaS programme.
- Work in conjunction with the HPI Alliances Manager and HPI PBM’s to determine, plan and execute on marketing campaigns (incentives/call-outs) relevant to Softcat’s Northern offices and HPI’s strategy.
- Support the MPS team in building DaaS proposals, selection of HPI devices and service options. This will also involve collaboration with the Softcat Lifecycle team.
- Maximise commercial potential through promotion of Pricing & Sales Enablement Tools, Product Ranges and Monthly Promotion Packs.
- Proactively maintain and improve the great relationship Softcat enjoys with HPI’s End User Account Management, PBM, Pricing and Distribution teams.
- Collaborate with the HPI Team and MPS teams to share best practise, identify trends and opportunities.
What we need from you
- The ideal candidate should be a strong influencer and an adept organiser with first-rate communication and relationship building skills.
- The applicant needs to be able to integrate and work proactively with various teams at Softcat whilst possessing the confidence, enthusiasm and creativity to effectively run their area of business independently to deliver true sales success!
- The ideal candidate will have experience in Sales and/or working with/or for a Vendor.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.