Commercial and government organisations using Adobe CS2 have one final opportunity to upgrade to CS5.5, the latest version of Creative Suite, before losing their eligibility for future upgrades.
Softcat anticipates that many of its customers using Adobe CS2 will take action now to secure ‘upgrade pricing’ for future versions of the graphic design, video editing, and web development software.
Upgrading to CS5.5 will give each of these organisations the ability to:
- design eye-catching print content, immersive digital magazines, elegant eBooks and standards-based websites,
- bring its designs to life on smartphones and tablets, including the iPad, Android and the BlackBerry PlayBook,
- deliver rich browser-based content and interactive applications for any device with leading HTML5 and Adobe Flash authoring tools,
- produce its best work more quickly than ever before with high-performance tools and game-changing innovations, and
- streamline deployment, tighten security and extend product functionality for maximum efficiency gains.
Softcat is now offering a 20% discount for commercial and government customers making CS5.5 upgrades, providing they do so by 15 March 2012.
Another positive development for all corporate and government customers is that, from now until 25 May 2012, the input level for Adobe’s cumulative licensing programme (CLP) will be reduced to just 10,000 points (from 25,000). This makes it easier for these organisations to access CLP benefits, which include:
- Up to 10% cheaper compared to TLP
- Fast delivery and free installation media via electronic software download (ESD)
- Same serial number per product group – for example, Acrobat Pro and Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- All purchases during the two-year contract period accumulate, making it easier to reach more favorable price levels
- Better overview of license purchase and ownership
- Ability to purchase upgrade plan so that customers always have the latest versions at a pre-set and favorable cost, which runs parallel with the agreement
Customers looking to take advantage of the 20% upgrade pricing or the Adobe CLP should contact their Softcat account manager.