With the launch of new Microsoft products starting from 1st December 2012, we had previously communicated changes to the licensing of client access licenses (See here). We can now confirm the following suite changes and consolidation along with various price rises.
Below are the major changes that will occur from December 1st; these may be of importance to you depending on your current licensing position so we would recommend you contact us to discuss your specific situation. It is still possible to buy any of the affected software during November at their current lower prices.
Summary of major changes
- Change: No usage restriction changes
- Price: Increase of 15% compared to previous user CAL pricing
- Change: SharePoint Server is moving to a single version only
- Price: Increase of approximately 38% compared to previous version (SharePoint 2010)
Lync Server 2013
- Change: Lync Server is moving to a single version only (Previously Standard / Enterprise)
- Price: Increase of up to 400% when compared to Lync 2010 Standard
- Change:Simplification of product range; Visio Premium removed (Visio Pro replaces)
- Price: Visio Standard increases by approximately 20%, Visio Pro increases by 5%
Note: Visio Pro upgrade from Standard will decrease by 20% for a limited time
- Change:Both desktop versions (Standard and Pro) to increase by approximately 5%
- Server version (Project Server) increase of circa 15%
- Server CAL User CAL to Increase by 21% (Device CAL will increase by 5%)
Note: Project Pro upgrade from Standard will decrease by 5% for a limited time
- Change: Office 365 suite increases to include Project and Visio
- Price: Increase (Dependant on subscription / purchase method) of up to 8%
Other notable changes
Exchange Server 2013 – External connector removed from price list, no change in prices to the SERVER product – the CAL is affected by the USER CAL price changes
Office 2013 – New commercial use Subscription available for mobile devices, no change in prices.
Enterprise CAL Suite – Forefront UAG CAL removed from ECAL 3.0. Exchange Online Archiving removed from Exchange Enterprise CAL (Available as an “Add on” or via eCAL Suite). Exchange Online Protection and DLP will be added to the Exchange Enterprise CAL
Please contact your Softcat Account manager to discuss your situation on how these changes may impact you.