In some environments, a virtual desktop allows enterprises to more efficiently and securely manage their users and end point devices. With this acquisition, Dell expands its enterprise solutions portfolio and offers customers an ever broadening array of tailored solutions to meet their needs.
“The total market for desktop virtualisation solutions should continue to see strong growth globally, with the larger revenue and margin opportunities coming from the datacenter infrastructure, cloud and services offerings that are tied to thin client and desktop virtualisation technology sales,” said Matt Eastwood, Group Vice President, Enterprise Platform Research, IDC. “Thin client and desktop virtualisation solutions typically drive high attach rates to data center solutions, including servers, networking, storage and services. The end-to-end datacenter infrastructure stack for these solutions is expected to exceed $15 billion by 2015.”
Wyse Technology Leadership
Wyse, ranked No.1 in thin client unit shipment volume on 4Q 2011, has shipped more than 20 million units worldwide and has over 200 million people interacting with its products each day. The company has more than 180 patents, both issued and pending, covering its solutions, software and differentiated intellectual property.
The Wyse solutions portfolio includes industry-leading thin client solutions with advanced management, desktop virtualisation and cloud software.
- Cloud clients: Wyse offers a wide selection of secure, reliable, cost-effective thin and zero clients designed to easily integrate into any virtualised or web-based infrastructure, while meeting the budget and performance requirements for any application.
- Cloud software: Technology powering a new world of cloud connected smart devices. Management software - Secure, easy and scalable remote device management for the extended enterprise.
- Virtualisation software - The best user experience with Microsoft, Citrix and VMware virtual desktop infrastructures.
- Mobility software - Secure mobile connectivity to your personal, private or public cloud for mobile devices.
- Services: Wyse offers a wide range of cloud computing services to complement its cloud clients and software solutions. Services are available for specific or on-going engagements.
“The combination of Wyse and Dell provides us with tremendous growth opportunities for our core desktop virtualisation business, helps us expand into new and fast-growing market segments including mobility and cloud computing, and provides us with reach and scale we did not previously have,” said Tarkan Maner, president and CEO, Wyse Technology. “We believe that taking this step with Dell is a very natural progression for our business and offers our customers many great advantages not available to them today.”